Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still Crashing
Heynow Software Forums > Savitar Software Application > Bug Reports
heidialyssa
Savitar is still crashing, especially since the last fix in June. More than one window and gone. This is particularly frustrating if you have other characters logging and then they all disconnect at the same time. Help, Jay!! sad.gif
Ellis1138
Mine crashes if more than 4 windows have been opened and then shut down.
cooner
I'm not sure if this is related to the above crashes or not, but I've been having crashing problems since version 1.3.4 as well. I think I've isolated the problem though:

It seems that if a "keepalive" packet is set, and a disconnected window is left open, Savitar will crash at the next "keepalive" packet.

I'd noticed it would crash whenever I left a disconnected window up and walked away, but wasn't sure why. Some time later I was sitting AT my computer when it crashed, and noticed it was within five minutes after I'd disconnected ... same timeframe my "keepalive" was set at. So today I set "keepalive" at zero, disabling it, and left a window up while doing my morning browsing ... no crash after a half hour. Then I set "keepalive" to one minute and tried the same thing ... sure enough, within one minute, Savitar crash.

Jay, any ideas on this? Or is there further info or a specific log file you'd need to see?

Thanks!
jay
Expect a KEEPALIVE fix soon...

/Jay
cooner
QUOTE (jay @ Sep 10 2004, 06:50 PM)
Expect a KEEPALIVE fix soon...

Thanks Jay! biggrin.gif
jay
I just posted Savitar v1.3.5 to the download page. It fixes this problem.

/Jay
cooner
Just downloaded and testing it out now ... no crash yet.

Thanks a ton, Jay! You rock smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.