Heynow Community
Jay

Ideas for Savitar 2.0

I've been working out some design ideas for Savitar version 2.0. I'll share them if there's an interest here.

Please feel to chime-in on this topic with your own ideas.

Hey there!

I'm shopping around for a new MUSH client because the ultimate feature that I need doesn't seem to be available in anything that's actively maintained. It's probably not the worst to implement, given that logging is already available: auto-logging. I'd like to be able to set the client to automatically save logs (preferably named by world, character, and date, possibly with a prompt to give a descriptor when closing out a world). Do you think this could make it on the radar? :)

Thanks!

Erica

• Like 1

Erica,

Too funny. I was just thinking about this feature last night while working on the very beginnings of version 2.0. I like your idea, obviously. :-)

/Jay

Hello Jay. Thanks for keeping up this client. Been using this at least 15 years. 

2 requests for the update.

First: A lot of MU*s are going SSL. If we could get SSL support that would be awesome. 

Second: For whatever reason, the audio cues on the custom events quit working a couple versions back for me. I can get the default "Click" noise, but the other sounds I have assigned to various people just won't work. I've heard nothing since version 1.3.8 running Snow Leopard on a MacBook. This was one of the best features of the client IMHO and I really miss it. One could run the client while doing things away from the computer, then come back when the audio cues alerted them people were around. 

Thanks again for all your hard work on this. I think you are the only Mac client worth a darn that is still supported. 

On 1/1/2019 at 1:01 PM, HyperFox said:

First: A lot of MU*s are going SSL. If we could get SSL support that would be awesome. 

Sure, I can add SSL support to Savitar 2.0. Can you give me the address of a MU* you use that is deploying SSL?

On 1/1/2019 at 1:01 PM, HyperFox said:

Second: For whatever reason, the audio cues on the custom events quit working a couple versions back for me. I can get the default "Click" noise, but the other sounds I have assigned to various people just won't work. I've heard nothing since version 1.3.8 running Snow Leopard on a MacBook. This was one of the best features of the client IMHO and I really miss it. One could run the client while doing things away from the computer, then come back when the audio cues alerted them people were around. 

Thanks again for all your hard work on this. I think you are the only Mac client worth a darn that is still supported. 

I'll look into this. I haven't tested sounds in awhile.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:30 AM, Jay said:

Sure, I can add SSL support to Savitar 2.0. Can you give me the address of a MU* you use that is deploying SSL?

muck.spindizzy.org is switching over in month or two.

BTW. You need a Beta Tester for the SSL Stuff? SD above is going SSL only on the Ides of March. (So falls Ceasar!)