Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble with Saves
Heynow Software Forums > Savitar Software Application > Bug Reports
Chris
I'm having a problem with Savitar 1.3.3 on OS X 10.2.8.

The software was working just fine for a while. Loved it. Then the register nag popped up and, ever since, I can't properly reopen world files that I've saved. Either an error message pops up saying that there was an unexpected error, or the file opens and connects, but all the macros I'd created for that world are missing.

I tried deleting and reinstalling Savitar, including trashing the .plist and prefs files. I have also deleted an unopenable world document, and replaced it with a new one. I've also tried keeping multiple copies of a world document, in different stages of having macros added, but Savitar would not open any of them once I'd quit the program.

Other than the nag dialog popping up, I had also added about thirty macros to the world file just before this first happened. The next time I started Savitar, the nag popped up, I closed the dialog, and when I attempted to open the world file I'd previously saved, I got the "unexpected error" message.

I'll be happy to register and pay for the software if I can get it to work reliably for the full 30 days of trial period. But it is essentially unusable to me if I can't pull up saved files reliably.

C
Taresa
I think my problem is similar. I've had Savitar since 1.3.3, but never logged over an hour on it due to not having the time to change all my trigs and aliases from Rapscallion. Now that I have a little extra time and wanted to try it out, Savitar is crashing on me and not saving anything. I'll register it if I can get it to work better than Rapscallion!
jay
Hi.

I just tried reproducing this problem but couldn't.

When you say "I tried to open it", do you mean from the File:Open menu, from the Finder (double-clicking), or do you mean you tried to open it via the World Picker?

/jay
xchadx
Hi there,
I'm having basically the same problem outlined above...
I'm using Savitar 1.3.5, and since I started using it about two weeks ago, it's been great. I use it for only one world, and now when I click on that world's file in the finder, I get a "Unexpected Error" message. If I open savitar first, and go to "Open Recent...", I get the same error and Savitar crashes about half the times I've tried this. When I went to the world picker, the option is no longer there... however, since I only use it for one world, I haven't gone to the world picker in some time.
any help would be greatly appreciated, I was loving Savitar up to this point, and like the people above, would register if I could get this problem cleared up.
thanks,
chad
xchadx
p.s-- sorry, that was me above before I registered on this board. I'm running OS 10.3.5. hope that helps you figure this issue out.

chad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.