Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lag with 1.3
Heynow Software Forums > Savitar Software Application > Bug Reports
CF addict
The lag for each command now when I mud with 1.3 is very noticable. If I hit return, it takes maybe half a second before I see a prompt. If I launch 1.24 as a separate process, and connect to the exact same world at the same time, I get no lag, and the prompt comes up almost instantly.

I'm running a Powerbook Firewire 400 with 768 megs ram on OS 10.2.8. I tried one of the early builds of the Beta 1.3 with 10.2.5 and 10.2.6, but had to revert back to 1.24 since it was making mudding unbearably slow.

Since I don't see anybody else reporting the same issue, are there any preferences I can look at that have changed between 1.2x and 1.3?
jay
Have you tried adjusting your "flush period" world setting to 0?

/Jay
CF addict
QUOTE (jay @ Sep 28 2003, 03:31 PM)
Have you tried adjusting your "flush period" world setting to 0?

/Jay

Putting flush on 0 made things worse, since I wouldn't get the last line of each screen unless I kept pushing return.

I tried putting flush down to 1, and it seemed to fix it for the most part. Still a tad bit slower to respond compared to 1.24 (seems like it may be related to my prompt size), but its better than how it was at the 5 default value. Thanks.
I've been experiencing the same problem on a modified DIKU mud I play, but do not have the same problem on the other mud I play which is LPC. Seems to mostly just look like it hangs while moving. Also other people are not reporting lag. I've not tried another version. But have tried two different ISPs with the same result.
Guest_guest
I had also tried setting the flush cash to 0 as well as raising it and neither had good results.
jay
More specific details about lag are welcome. If I had some reproducable case for this< I could devise some tests to pinpoint potential performance problems. (That's a lot of Ps in one phrase. wink.gif)

/jay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.