Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ETA for updated Savitar
Heynow Software Forums > Savitar Software Application > General Discussion
heidialyssa
Jay, do you have an ETA for an updated Savitar or will you be waiting for the release of Tiger.

Just me, being nosy.
Day
I, not being Jay, can't answer this question. However, I thought I'd mention that a lot of developers (and others who work on projects that have continuing releases) don't like this question, because it's seen as bugging them, kind of on the order of, "Are we there yet?" So, don't be surprised or offended if you don't get an answer.

That being said, Jay is a really nice guy, in my experience, and may, in fact, answer. In which case, you may call me a doom-sayer and a pessimist exactly three times each.

->Day<-
-------------------------------------
"Other people's pain is funny."
-Farnell Akingbala
jay
There is an ETA, in fact. Savitar v1.3.8 will be released "sometime in April".

1.3.8 has some specific bug fixes and will have some performance improvements. There's a select couple of folks who are testing pre-releases of 1.3.8 now, and there will be more testing before April is done, and then, 1.3.8

/Jay

p.s. Who wants to satisfy Day's request of 3 utterances? smile.gif
Day
QUOTE (jay @ Mar 28 2005, 01:49 PM)
p.s. Who wants to satisfy Day's request of 3 utterances? smile.gif

My expectations are exceeded. Fire away.

->Day<-
heidialyssa
Doom sayer and pessimist, I'm afraid, are not the words that first came to mind when I read Day's response. But thank you, Jay for your update. If you need any other testers, we have gratefully done it before.
Day
QUOTE (heidialyssa @ Mar 29 2005, 08:27 PM)
Doom sayer and pessimist, I'm afraid, are not the words that first came to mind when I read Day's response.

I'm not quite sure how to take that. Perhaps that was intentional.

->Day<-
Day is a doom-sayer and a pessimist

what did i win?
Day
sad.gif Aww. I'm sorry. The contest is not valid for residents of where ever it is you live. wink.gif As a consolation, you can have a forumcookie.

->Day<-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.