Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: background color
Heynow Software Forums > Savitar Software Application > Bug Reports
_abby_
When I pull down the "View" menu only text size and font will open their side menus for options. (this is with materiamagica.com) Background color and color will not open side menus. But... if you click in the air where the color tabs should've opened.. it will randomly change the colors.

Of course, changing the text colors is complicated since mm is supposed to be ansi multicolor. Mostly I was just seeking the traditional black background.

I'm not opposed to regging my shareware and paying.. but if in 30 days I can't actually play the game, I suspect I'll keep my money. Oh the plight of the beta programmer.
jay
Savitar has been out of beta for over 6 months.

This is the first time this bug has been reported. I've personally been using these color menus for years. PLEASE submit an actual bug report (see manual). I need info about the system version you are on, Savitar version you are using, steps to reproduce, etc., etc. A message in this forum saying "It doesn't work" without any further details is close to useless in terms of a bug report.

Thanks smile.gif

/Jay
_abby_
I am running Mac OSX version 10.3.4 on an 800 MHz PowerPC G4.
It isn't much of a cross check, but I also installed Savitar on a Powerbook 867 MHz G4 running OSX version 10.3.4. The errors were identical.

I downloaded the latest version of Savitar from the website. (v1.3.3)

The .sit unpacked and I opened the program from inside the folder. The Program automatically starts the "World Picker" which conveniently included the game I play. Without setting any preferences or making any changes I login to materiamagica.com:4000 - using all the defaults included in the software.

The pop-up describing save settings etc. pops up... as they are want to do. I close it.

I immediately notice that the default colors for MM are not MM's default colors, that is- they are not the ansi settings found if you login through telnet without touching anything. MM is tradtionally set to be read as colored text on a black background. http://www.materiamagica.com/start/screen/index.php <= some screenshots from their main website.

To start with whats simple, I go to the view menu>>background color>>?
The... well I can only guess what the option was.. a gradient? color pallete? couldn't be an ansi list I got way to many colors for that didn't open. But by luck I noted if you kept "background colors" highlighted and clicked out in the air where a menu should be.. the BC color would change. I won't say its random, but its pretty hard to guage clicking in the air. I never found black.

I checked all of the menus and found that both "color" and "background color" had the same mysterious action. (I duplicated this exact error on the laptop)

I also ran the error while watching the console for personal errors.. but nothing showed up.

I later used the "World Settings" to get my black background. But the ansi color sets were all slightly off the old traditionals.. so I brighten my monitor... brighten the color sets... The best result was putting them all on bold except this shifted the lines making the compass skewed.

For MM the view>>bold/underline/italic etc. options are also greyed out. Understandably now since when I used the world settings to change these things it skewed the text.

I hope this helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.