> Savitar's Manual
jay
post Jun 16 2003, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey gang.

I got an email the other day from a user saying it might help to add "previous page" and "next page" link buttons to Savitar's online manual, that it would make finding pages a little more obvious then using the table of contents on the left-hand side frame.

It was a great idea, So I did it. smile.gif Thanks "Robert."

I am wondering, what else does Savitar's manual need? Is it good? Bad? So-so? Let me know what I can do, if anything, to make the manual more useful?

Thanks!

/Jay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Robert_*
post Jun 16 2003, 10:15 PM
Post #2

Guests

I think another useful change would be to make the page loaded by clicking on the 'manual' link on the website be the 'table-of-contents' that is sitting over in the left margin. Also, add the section numbers to the items in the TOC (be they on their own "first page" or over on the left.

By offering up the TOC as the first page viewed when clicking on 'manual', user's can see at a glance the scope of the manual and locate the section they want quickly. Or... hit next and jump into the sections one by one.

Or....keep the first page the Introduction page now, but make 'next' go to the table-of-contents.

My suggestions for the footers/headers were due to the fact that despite looking at that left frame, my eye didn't pick out the structure of the TOC over there.

You might want to put the information about enabling and reporting crashlogs into the manual if they are not there already.

Thanks very much for your responsiveness so far, Jay, and for adding the footers/headers to the manual. That helped a lot!

-Rob

+Quote Post
jay
post Jun 18 2003, 05:19 AM
Post #3

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I took your suggestions. Check out the new manual I uploaded tonight (June 17th, 2003). It's got a table of contents page now. Table of contents buttons on each page, and I did away with the cumbersome frames.

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Rob_*
post Jun 30 2003, 06:59 AM
Post #4

Guests

Just checked it out and it looks great!

Nice job, Jay!

+Quote Post
Guest_jeff_*
post Jul 10 2003, 02:22 PM
Post #5

Guests

I've really enjoyed using Savitar. When looking at the online manual, i noticed it referenced rearranging triggers but i could not find the section. Is there any help to rearrange so that i don't have to do it manually? Thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:59 AM