IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multi-Window PLEASE!!
Guest_kingnoc_*
post Sep 17 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #1

Guests

hi, first off just want to say that Savitar is without a doubt the best os x mud client available. ive tried them all and this is the one with the best freatures and that is the most reliable all around.

id like to make a feature request though, seeing as Savitar is leading the race as best os x mud client, and the scene is definitely lacking. the feature id make *tons* of use out of would be multi-window setups. you all know what i mean, being able to channel certain output to smaller windows (such as all speech, gossip, and emotes) and also being able to make use of seperate input lines for each sub-window.

thanks for listening, and keep up the great work!

-kingnoc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay
post Sep 17 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Have you looked at the local command "open text window"? (described in the manual at http://www.heynow.com/savitar/manual/_manc...nt6.html#Local). Here you will find a means of setting up triggers that will redirect selected incoming text to separate windows.

Separate input panes are not supported in the current release.

/Jay

+Quote Post
Guest_kingnoc_*
post Sep 18 2004, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Guests

its great to know that savitar is already capable of this type of thing, perhaps some gui controls will be added sometime in the near future? thanks for the quick reply!!

+Quote Post
Guest_nebo_*
post Sep 19 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #4

Guests

Dangit, I've still got no real clue how to make all this stuff work together. huh.gif I didn't realize I could output to different panes, either. Any chance of somebody throwing me a real-world example?

For instance, could I get all my channel output funneled off to a separate window? Can the font and color(s) of that window be changed/specified? Thanks!

+Quote Post
Guest_Iluna_*
post Nov 13 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Guests

This topic seems to be one of the most requested, and most ignored, cries for help on these forums.

I tried it for myself. I read the syntax of "open text windows", and gave it a try.

I went to 'triggers' and made a new trigger. I selected 'output' and 'line starts with' and added the text at the beginning of the lines I wanted to filter off. (In my case, "--v", since it's a @pecho from a puppet).

Then I went to the 'reply' tab and asked it to send as a reply, '##open text window "V" '

I closed and saved the trigger, tested it by sending text to, well, trigger the trigger, and Savitar crashed.

Some advice on where I've gone wrong, or perhaps an example showing how to set this up, as has apparently been requested before, would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
Guest_Ener_*
post Nov 19 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Guests

I'd like to see this feature more clearly and less buggily implemented too.
I previously used the mud client Cantrip (www.solidsun.com) which had a very easy way to set this type of thing up, but it doesn't seem to be regularly updated or run on the latest osx version.

It's very useful for spammy combat systems that scroll fast as it allows tells or channel chat that would otherwise be missed to be routed to a different window.

I tried the very first of the samples on the manual page that was linked
##open text window "Sample Text Window"

and the app crashed.

+Quote Post
ibri
post Jul 11 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

I would also like to see this type of functionality added to Savitar. I used to be a long time user of ZMud for Windows, but since I switched to Mac I haven't found a client I liked. As has been stated before, since Savitar is looking like the best up and coming MU client, it should have the features representative of such a title smile.gif Definitely support for ANSI colored output to windows (not just some text editing window) and independent support for triggers, aliases, etc. on each window, as well as input boxes for each window smile.gif I would love you guys forever.

Ener: how did you get cantrip to support this type of functionality?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 AM