Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestion.
anklebiter
post Jul 24 2003, 07:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

I would really like if Savitar let me close a window without having to go through any dialog boxes. I never save anything. If anything, maybe at least allow me to use Command-D to not save.

I also would like to be able to set up notifications without having to open a file. Savitar crashes as well, I always make my changes and quickly quit so I won't loose them.

If these were made, I would be willing to register!

smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay
post Jul 24 2003, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Aa mentioned in this forum, and the release notes, if you have a crash, or a bug, you need to email me the crash log and/or the details of what made Savitar crash. Just saying "Savitar crashed" is not a bug report. I need data. That's why it is in beta, and not a finished released. If you are not interested in sending bug reports, that's cool. Don't use the beta! Use the well tested 1.2.4 release. I do not expect people to be registering betas. I certainly wouldn't.

Looking forward to your bug reports.

/Jay

+Quote Post
anklebiter
post Jul 25 2003, 08:18 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (jay @ Jul 24 2003, 02:26 PM)
Aa mentioned in this forum, and the release notes, if you have a crash, or a bug, you need to email me the crash log and/or the details of what made Savitar crash. Just saying "Savitar crashed" is not a bug report. I need data. That's why it is in beta, and not a finished released. If you are not interested in sending bug reports, that's cool. Don't use the beta! Use the well tested 1.2.4 release. I do not expect people to be registering betas. I certainly wouldn't.

Looking forward to your bug reports.

/Jay

How about the closing windows without warnings?

+Quote Post
Day
post Jul 25 2003, 01:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

Which beta are you running? What version of the OS are you running? What does youer hardware look like? What other programs are you/were you running at the time? Is it something you can replicate? If so, under what conditions? Have you honestly never reported a bug before?

A crash log is best, really. There's a thread that tells you hw to collect them.

->Day<-
------------------------------
"That road? You don't wanna go down that road..."
-South Park

--------------------
->Day<-
Doom-sayer and Pessimist, Extraordinaire

http://www.texastrombones.net

+Quote Post
anklebiter
post Jul 26 2003, 02:18 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Day @ Jul 25 2003, 01:36 PM)
Which beta are you running? What version of the OS are you running? What does youer hardware look like? What other programs are you/were you running at the time? Is it something you can replicate? If so, under what conditions? Have you honestly never reported a bug before?

A crash log is best, really. There's a thread that tells you hw to collect them.

->Day<-
------------------------------
"That road? You don't wanna go down that road..."
-South Park

I am pretty sure it is a bug with Savitar. I have seen this as long as I have been using Savitar. I don't know how to replicate the problem. I know it would be sometimes when I am setting preferences. Or maybe when you get disconnected?

As for never reporting a bug, I have been developing Mac games for about 7 years. And I know how about bugs. I wish I could give more information but I honestly don't have anything else why it was crashing. I use a PowerMac G4, 10.2.6 currently.

What I am really interested in is the features I have mentioned (and everyone seems to skip over.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 05:50 PM