Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> bleh, 2.bleh
Guest_Urban Derelict_*
post May 24 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #1

Guests

Here are some things that I would find $priceless$ additions to Savitar:

#1: Multiple trigger windows, which you could name. I have quite a few *hundred* triggers (what can I say, I'm a hardcore mudder) and most of them can be grouped into categories: colorization only, spell maintenance, gear swapping (sleep, rest, wake...) etc. It's a ROYAL pain when I have a problem with a trigger and have to hunt down to trigger to correct it, scrolling through 6 pages of triggers to find the problematic one.

I think there could be more columns in the trigger/macro table (possibly with a preference to set which ones show in the window?). It would be nice to be able to see at a glance the response to each trigger, so you could see which one was causing which response, without having to sift through them all.

I'm sure there will be more to come. Keep up the great work, Jay!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Urban Derelict_*
post May 24 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Guests

Ah yes, the one that alluded me from my previous post...A TICKER!

A ticker that the end user could set the time for (in the mud I play, a tic is 25 seconds). It should be floating, so we wouldn't have to change the active window, and should include a 'reset' or 'restart' button, in case it gets disaligned with the mud.

Possibilities would include:
A subwindow/pane in it, counting down the seconds,
Possible triggers specifically to reset the ticker. (There are various worldwide mud prompts that tell you a tic has just passed, like 'The sun rises in the east.' 'It begins to rain.' etc.)

2ndly, referring to my previous post, with those additional windows containing entire groups of triggers, a check (perhaps next to the window's title) to turn on/off the entire group. It's a real pain to check on/off 30 triggers, and if i forget, then someone can interrupt my playing by telling me something that is an 'on' trigger.

(Sometimes I bot my character, and those triggers interfere with when I'm actually playing. Another example would be that I usually maintain spells that have no real effect on what I'm killing...I recast them in the hopes of getting better at them. [Again, with the mud i play, you can only 'practice' spells/skills up to being 'very good' at them, but, as you cast/use them over and over and over again, you 'get better' at them; you can get them to 'exceptional,' and then move on to 'perfect,' when they almost never fail.])

+Quote Post
Guest_Urban Derelict_*
post May 26 2004, 05:14 AM
Post #3

Guests

One more thing...I think it would be immensely useful to be able to be able to make a trigger which can enable/disable other triggers.

I automatically loot corpses whenever 'is DEAD!' comes from the mud. However, when I'm in town and someone else kills a cityguard or something, I don't want to be robbing them of their spoils.

Also, like I mentioned in my other topic, being able to enable/disable multiple triggers with one click or command. Instead of having to shift from the mud world window to the trigger/macro window, that takes removing my hand from the keyboard and mousing over to the window (or clicking apl-e, but then i still have to mouse thru the triggers to find which one I want to turn on/off).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 09:15 AM