IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MCCP mud client compression protocol, supported?
Guest_Hans Mopprl_*
post Oct 25 2004, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Guests

hey there!
i wondered whether the new version of savitar supports the MCCP protocol, and if not, whether the support is going to be implemented sooner or later.
i've read a topic about that in this forum a while ago, but it seems to be out of date...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay
post Oct 25 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think you are thinking of MCP. I mentioned adding MCP, and MCP was added in Savitar version 1.3.

This is the first I've heard of MCCP (http://mccp.afkmud.com/). Please email an address to a world that uses MCCP and I'll see what I can do to support it. No promises, but will examine and determine what it would take to do.

/Jay

+Quote Post
Guest_Raggo_*
post Oct 27 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #3

Guests

Discworld, one of the MUD's that's on the default worldpicker encourages MCCP use. I haven't been able to find any mac programs that support this...

+Quote Post
Mack
post Feb 16 2005, 03:25 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

Alrighty. MCCP stands for MUD Client Compression Protocol. I'm not sure the origins, but it's kind of becoming the defacto standard for heavy-use MUDs needing compression. Discworld, as mentioned above, complains at you on login if you don't have it. There is only one piece of software that supports MCCP for the mac. However, it's actually a proxy, not a client. Jay, if you're interested in the source, I can find it. I believe the thing is called mcclient, for what that's worth. When the Disc stops crashing, I'll try to get you a link to some of it. To have a look at discworld, and all it's compressed glory, telnet://discworld.atuin.net:4242

-Mack
demosthenes[at]hotmail[dot]com

+Quote Post
Guest_Drowgirl_*
post Mar 6 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #5

Guests

I'm pretty sure I asked about this quite a while back for use with the world I called home for years, Aardwolf.

http://aardwolfmud.org/

+Quote Post
Archiel
post Apr 20 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

QUOTE (Mack @ Feb 16 2005, 03:25 AM)
There is only one piece of software that supports MCCP for the mac. However, it's actually a proxy, not a client.

Cantrip supported MCCP v2. It is still available for download, if you wish to try it out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 10:58 PM