Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Request: Auto-scroll lock
Kender
post Jul 28 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69

In Windows, I use SimpleMU - and when there is more than one screen of text that hits you (a spammy desc/whatever), it pauses and tells you "11 more lines in buffer - Press tab to display more". You hit tab, and you get the next screen, until it's done.

I know you can do the scroll lock thing in Savitar, but that is more for reading what is on the screen before more text scrolls it off. It doesn't stop the text from scrolling off in the first place.

Example: I log onto PernMUSH and do a "WHO" command. Since there are 90 people on, in Savitar it just scroooooollllls and suddenly I am at the bottom, and I have to use the scrollbar to scroll up to get back to the text. In SimpleMU it would display 80 lines (whatever fills the screen) and pauses, waiting for you to tell it you are ready to move on. Any new text (pages, etc) would go into the buffer to be displayed at your wish. You hit tab, and the next 'page' comes into view, until you have caught up.

Again - so far from all the clients for Mac I have tried, Savitar is the winner. MU*ing is one of the few things I still do on my PC since I can't find any client that does everything. (And I'm pretty easy - scrolling, ANSI and multi-worlds are it)

Any chance we might see this in the future? If so, it'd rock.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 03:53 AM