Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wow the silence...., So are there any other mud owners/admins
Kaleisha
post Dec 10 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 62

out there? I'm interested to know

I meet mac user players fairly often. One way I spot them is when they ask on newbie why greet isn't working. In our mud we use greet as a way to trigger dialogue between the player and the mob. I get a few new players who pipe up and ask why greet isn't working for them. They then tell me that when they try it it's making them do the 'hi there hows it going' thing. I have to explain to them it is a universal standard trigger that is preset in savitar that is over riding their greet. Anyway it's always a fun way to spot other mac users.

But as far as admins, owners, gods etc I don't think I have actually run into any at all. I found it useful being on a mac when we were developing the code for our mud, I was able to make sure it was all working as we wanted it to from the mac point of view. Had to run a few different mac clients to make sure all the ansi was showing up correctly and the maps were displaying right. Maybe that kind of thing is not so important on a code base that has been around for a while.

So if you are a builder or whatever, what kind of problems have you had? I used to be an imm on a diku mud and they had no OLC, and I couldn't track down any kind of building client that would run on a mac. So I was basically taking the code for an existing area, reading through it all and building my area in a text file copying the code I already had. sheesh!.. never did get that area finished either *grin*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 02:18 AM