IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> need backup file for universal triggers, my laptop crashed and I lost them all
phillydrifter
post Mar 5 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1428

My 867MHz PBG4 just locked up while Savitar 1.4.3 and Firefox 3.5.2 were running and I force-shut it down and then booted it and when I opened savitar again I'd lost all my ansi colors, so I turned ansi on and off in the mud I play (Alter Aeon, top of the list in the world picker) and saved, quit, opened my char file again, got ansi working again as it should and then I discovered I'd lost all my universal triggers.

I think you definitely need to add some sort of way of backing up the universal triggers, Jay, perhaps a way to export them to a file and then another way to import them in case of disasters like this one because I had a master list of hundreds, perhaps over 1000 trigs of stuff for each of my characters on Alter Aeon. (Perhaps it was the sheer size of the file which caused my machine to lock up, it would take, i don't know, 30-45 seconds to save the file whenever I made changes and save it) Spell/skill colorization, speedwalks, everything.

Is there any way to recover these trigs?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phillydrifter
post Mar 13 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1428

This is not too big of a deal, really. I know the universal prefs live in the file 'Savitar 2.0 Prefs' so I'm making a habit of just backing up this file every time I muddle with universal trigs.

The stuff I lost is ok because it was all gummed up with old trigs I'd played with and were mildly helpful but they screwed my speed from being so bloated with useless but pretty regexes.

Mainly I'm trying to bone up on knowin' regexes so anyway it's not a real problem any more.

Jay can I just delete this thread since it's pointless now? Or can you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:32 PM