Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aliases., Some help here?
otoron
post Jul 1 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

ok, perhaps I'm a total fool, but I'm coming across from zmud, which is the only client I've used besides KBtin (the PC I kept around solely for mudding has finally died for good).

I want a simple alias, like having 'seb' alias 'tell sebastian'. I guess I have to use a 'trigger' in Savitar to get this to work, but I'm having trouble making that work. In zmud and kbtin I can just #alias {seb} {tell sebastian}, and we're golden, or use the GUI (in zmud).

I can't get the GUI to work to do this in Savitar, and am somewhat frustrated. This isn't exactly a complicated alias, so what's the deal?

Thanks for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay
post Jul 10 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

You could also use macros to achieve this. See the manual. Here's an excerpt:

A macro can be specified during input in the form of . A macro's name can contain letters or numbers in any combination.

Macro markers are 0-2 characters in length. The default macro marker is '%%', which is resettable via the World Settings Dialog. Defining a 0 character macro marker in the settings dialog indicates you don't want any macro detection to occur.

Example: To specify your favorite reaction to hearing some good news you could define the 'news' macro to say:

"Well, that's some darn good news".

Then when you type:

"say %%news friend!"

it gets sent as:

"say Well, that's some darn good news friend!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 08:27 PM