Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It Can't Crash If It Won't Start Up
Violeta
post Jul 31 2003, 05:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

[COLOR=purple]I would have posted a crash log, except there was none. The last version of Savitar I have is 1.1.4, so I don't know whether or not this has been a problem with other versions. In any case, I downloaded 1.3b6 for my OS X. Every time I try starting it up, the first screen shows (with the Savitar logo and various starting up messages flashing through rather quickly at the bottom) and then it just quits itself. The last thing I can make out is "initialising [something]" It is too fast for me to read the rest of the phrase. What can I do?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jay
post Aug 4 2003, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Violeta,

It sounds like Savitar is failing to load your preferences. It shouldn't die like that if it had trouble. I want to fix that. Please email me a copy of your 'Savitar 2.0 Prefs' file. You'll find it in your home folder within Library/Preferences. I'll then be able to teach Savitar not to die on the error it is having with your preferences.

Thank you.

/Jay

+Quote Post
Kieran
post Oct 8 2003, 04:01 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

I am having the same problem, and thinking it was corrupted preferences, I trashed the .plist and pref files. That didn't fix anything, so am I effectively fubar'd or is there something I can do?

+Quote Post
jay
post Oct 16 2003, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ya, send me an email telling me what version of Mac OS X you are on, if Savitar ever worked on your machine, and if so, what version of Savitar was last working well.

We'll handle it with some email exchanges.

/Jay

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 07:18 AM