IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Way to swallow input but keep reply on trigger?
Guest_Ellerisse_*
post May 11 2003, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Guests

Here's what I'm trying to do (and it was so easy in TF, I find it really irritating that it's such a struggle with Mac clients):

A mush I play on requires
+talk public=<whatever>

I want to type in
=pub <whatever>

I can make a trigger that does this by taking an input of "=pub $$message" and putting in a reply of "+talk public=%%message," which works but also sends the =pub line to the mush, causing a Huh? message. As a post on the old forum noted this could become a problem if one's trigger matched a local command on the game (plus it's rather irritating and spammy getting the error messages). But if I gag the text, none of it goes through to the mush at all - neither the input trigger NOR the "reply." I need the reply to go through, and to have the input devoured. blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Day
post May 12 2003, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Enter the MUSHcoder. As long as =pub isn't already a commend try this:

&pubalias me=$=pub ?*:th [switch(%0,{:},+talk public=:%1,{;},+talk public=;%1,+talk public=%0%1)]

Of course... I don't use events except for output kind of things (hilighting pages, and channels, etc). This might not be the kind of solution you're looking for, but it's what I've done on a game.

->Day<-
-----------------------------
"The problem with multiplayer games is that you have to play with other people."
-Gabe @ Penny Arcade

--------------------
->Day<-
Doom-sayer and Pessimist, Extraordinaire

http://www.texastrombones.net
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:36 AM