IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Output locks up after being idle?
cooner
post May 31 2003, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Howdy all, I've been a Savitar user since back when it was Tinkeri, but I just now found out about this message board ... yay! biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a bug per se or just something weird on my network, but I thought I'd toss it out and see if anyone has had a similar situation. If I leave a Savitar window alone for more than about ten or fifteen minutes (like if I'm distracted reading a webpage or writing an email), the window tends to lock up -- that is, all output gets suspended, so it LOOKS as though nothing has been going on in that window, even if there has been. When I do get back to the window and type any input in and hit return, it remains locked up for another minute or two, then finally spews out all the backlogged output, including the response to whatever input I just typed in.

FYI: 450MHz G4 with OSX 10.2.6 (regular software updates) and 768MB RAM. Connection is a Cable Modem running to a LinkSys Cable/DSL router which serves this computer, an 8500, and an Airport base station for my TiBook. If Jay or anyone has an idea what's causing this or if there's a setting I can check in Savitar or on the router or in the computer, I'd appreciate any ideas ...

Thanks! Jay, keep up the great work smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:10 AM