IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Scripting Support, Programmable triggers anyone?
What Scripting Language Should Savitar Have?
What Scripting Language Should Savitar Have?
Applescript [ 1 ] ** [10.00%]
C/C++ Interpreter [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Cocoa Interpreter [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
JavaScript [ 4 ] ** [40.00%]
Perl [ 3 ] ** [30.00%]
Python [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
other (please post) [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
jay
post May 2 2003, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A common user feature request has been to adding the ability to program a trigger. You know, with if-then statements and for loops, etc.

If you had to choose a language, what would it be? Why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ankiseth
post Dec 21 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Personally I'd vote for javascript, like mentioned above most would probably vote for what they are most familiar, and I can't say my opinion is any different from that. But Javascript is fairly powerful language, is not that hard to learn (I've coded my own yahtzee game in it for fun, I'm still in the process of learning perl, I know its a powerful language but it takes some getting used to, for me anyhow) and it has plenty of references out there. Otherwise I'd say go with perl

[Quick Edit:] I think support for another language would be a very good thing for savitar. I've always loved rapscallion for its range of features that even today 8 years after it lost any development are still quite good, but I moved to Savitar when I moved to OS X and have enjoyed it since, though I have used other clients such as Mudwalker, GGmud or Atlantis for their other languages that I can write scripts for, either Lua which has a syntax somewhat similar to Javascript, or Perl respectively and would be a great thing for savitar to have as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:51 AM